Water's Way Acupuncture, located in downtown Santa Barbara, offers individualized care for a wide variety of illnesses and health concerns, using classical diagnostic and treatment techniques, including acupuncture and custom herbal formulas.
People in all sorts of situations can benefit from our treatments:
- Eliza has sucessfully treated many difficult symptoms such as migraine headaches, digestive disorders, and menstrual irregularities. Many unusual symptoms that don't correspond to known Western diseases respond well to acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas, because Chinese diagnostics help us understand the processes behind strange symptoms.
- If you have been diagnosed with an illness and feel that you aren't responding to treatment as well as you hoped, come in and find out how Chinese Medicine can help. Often adjunctive treatments can speed and augment the healing process.
- If you're preparing for an athletic event or other physically or mentally demanding time, strengthening treatments can help optimize your energy level, calm your mind and improve your performance.
- People in different types of pain respond well to Chinese Medicine treatments like acupuncture.
- If you feel that you are not at your best, but don't think you are really ill, it is a good time to seek gentle, holistic care. Taking positive steps when you notice things shifting in an uncomfortable direction can make a world of difference in the long run.
If you want to learn more about treatment for a particular condition, or would like to meet with your practitioner before committing to treatment, please email or call to schedule a free consultation.
Why "Water's Way?"
The name Water's Way comes from the eighth chapter of the Tao Te Ching:
The best way to live is to be like water
For water benefits all things and goes against none of them
It provides for all people and even cleanses the places a man is loath to go.
In this way, it is just like the Tao.
Live in accordance with the nature of things:
Build your house on solid ground
Keep your mind still
When giving, be kind
When speaking, be truthful
When ruling, be just
When working, be one-pointed
When acting, remember -- timing is everything.
One who lives in accordance with nature does not go against the way of things
He moves in harmony with the present moment always knowing the truth of just what to do.
Lau Tzu, translation by Jonathan Star
These verses are the inspiration of Water's Way.
If you would like to join in ongoing discussions of these ideas, you are welcome to come to Chinese Medicine Talks, resuming in Summer, 2010. Topics will be listed on the Classes & Events page, and the talks are always free. Email Eliza to be added to the mailing list, and receive periodic updates on our events. Come, bring your perspective to our community!
Practitioner | Treatments | Classes & Events | Location | Links | Blog | Home
|| Phone: (805) 452.3193
Website designed & created by Nine Ten Creative
Photography by Paul Yonchek
Designed to be viewed at 800 x 600 screen resolution.